Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

It's sad to think that so many of these days pass me by, and I get so caught up in this or that, that I forget to be thankful for this wonderful life. It's so easy to want more, to never really be satisfied with what you have. That is one of my faults and I'm slowly trying to change my mindset. I constantly want more-more clothes, more things for our home, more time, more sleep. This list goes on and on.

I woke up this morning to a little boy yelling "maaaa!" in the next room over. For that I will forever be grateful. Now that M is in our lives, it just gets sweeter and sweeter. As I sat on the couch watching my perfect boy play with his trucks, my heart felt so full. We are so lucky. Lucky to have this life, for our health, and lucky that it is filled with so much love. There are so many people worse off than us, and I need to always remember that.

We may not have it all. We probably won't be able to give M everything he wants, but I promise we'll always provide him with everything he needs. And that list isn't very long- love, support, encouragement, and laughter. I want to teach him that life isn't about what you have or don't have, it's not about wanting more. It's about taking a step back and realizing that you have it all. Much more than I could ever hope for. Our house may be small, it may be a mess more often than not, but these four walls are full of love. And for that, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment